New features in Inxmail Professional 4.7.1 facilitate better management and a clearer overview of ‘Tracking Permission,’ its GDPR feature. On top of this, many aspects of Inxmail Professional have been optimised.
This version of Inxmail Professional is also specifically dedicated to meeting the requirements set out in the new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Go to www.inxmail.com/gdpr to learn more about how these requirements affect email marketing.
Checklist for ensuring GDPR-compliant work with Inxmail Professional
As a general rule, you will have to make adjustments in Inxmail Professional to be in compliance with the GDPR requirements. We have compiled our checklist as a guide you can use to review all GDPR-related issues in Inxmail Professional. You can find this checklist in our online help.
Important information regarding the Inxmail Professional client for Java web start variant
- The new version Java 11 will be released in September 2018.
- We will implement the new version of Java in Inxmail Professional in the fourth quarter 2018.
- Inxmail Professional 4.7.1 is the last version allowing to use Inxmail Professional in the web start variant.
- With the installation of Java 11 on your own computer, it is no longer possible to use Inxmail Professional in the web start variant.
- Users of the web start variant will have to install the Inxmail Professional desktop client to be able to continue working with the email marketing software.
- The latest installation files for the desktop client can be found in the Inxmail Community.
Please provide this information to all Inxmail Professional users in your company who may use the java web start client.
1. New functions within the framework of the GDPR
1.1 New standard role “Main user” to edit the person-based tracking permission
Main users have an intermediate role that lies between that of administrators and users. This means that main users also have the right to edit the Include consent for person-based tracking advanced property on the Global settings tab.
1.2 Tracking Permission via the dynamic ‘Profile management’ Web page
The dynamic ‘Profile management’ Web page allows you to carry out a subscription to (another) mailing list (‘Subscription’ element). Tracking Permission can now be obtained during this subscription process. To do so, select the dynamic Web page in the ‘Files and Web pages’ agent and click the update button. The update will be installed and you can enter the ‘Tracking Permission’ field on your Web page.
1.3 Web tracking: Categorisation of recipient data to be personalised
Recipient data entered for personalisation purposes can be categorised so that it is not displayed if consent has not been given to do so (Tracking Permission = no). As a result, you can ensure that personal data is only passed to a landing page if the recipient has consented to this in person-based tracking. Learn how in our user manual chapter 16.4.6 Passing link parameters dependent on the tracking permission.
1.4 Disable dynamic mailing lists
From Inxmail Professional 4.7.1, the creation of dynamic mailing lists can be prevented. Your administrator can configure the Inxmail Professional server accordingly. Details can be found in the Inxmail Professional Server manual in chapter "Configuring the Inxmail Professional Server".
- The Tracking Permission column is inactive if the ‘Include consent’ list property has been set to ‘No’.
2. Overall improvements
- ‘Actions’ agent: The results overview is now more transparent and sorted by topic.
- A CSS class can now be assigned to each element to format dynamic Web page elements (subscription, profile management). This way, formatting for an element will remain intact after changes have been made to the Web page.
- There is a new button for duplicating user roles.
- The quality check layout has been revised.
3. RPC API
- For Inxmail Professional 4.7.1 and later, the ‘remote_host’ field included in the click table will no longer supply the IP address of the recipient via RPC API, but merely the value 0.0.0.0, for data protection reasons.
- The Tracking Permission log can be called up (for API version 1.19.1 and later).
- The ‘Include Tracking Permission of deleted recipients’ property can be set (for API version 1.19.2 and later).
4. Database and server
- Tomcat updated to version 8.5.29
- JDBC-driver updated to version 42.2.2